Thursday, August 8, 2013

First post!!! And about me.

Hello world!!!     This is the first post I'll put on my blog, I hope to be successful in my blogging and I hope to be very informative on my subjects.



What this blog is about:  This is a blog I've been wanting to make for quite some time and now I'm just getting around to doing it.
It's main focus, blacksmithing!   I mostly do knives and tools, but I do art on occasion, I'll be showing you how to make what I make and I'll also give you tricks of the trade as i go,  so there's no wondering "what happened" if what you make doesn't turn out like mine.  
I also work with leather and other metals (brass, copper, anything I can get my hands on)   so I'll have posts on that as well.
I'll be giving tool reviews and suggestions from time to time and I'll fill you in on my life as a 21st century blacksmith!

About me: I'm a lot of things,  mainly a blacksmith, I also work with leather, I make knife sheaths and bracelets, some armor every now and then and just REALLY cool stuff!     I'm a unicyclist and a fencer, (I have done both a the same time!)    I'm a linux guy, I used to carry a live usb where ever i went!
I've been blacksmithing for about 5 years now,  only the last two have been serious though.   If you want some of my smithing specs I burn coal, I use mostly hand power tools, and I use both old and modern techniques,  to get the best blade possible, and all of my knives are made from recycled material, but i make sure my blades are top quality!   How ever if you want current info, please go to the "About Me"  gadget.   Thanks